Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Sunday, March 05, 2006

First try

Well, it's official...I have a blog. Not sure yet if I'm cut out for this but I'll give it a shot-all the cool kids are doin it. Thus far, the only noteworthy thing about today is that I have turned 19! Pretty exciting to me, though the day is not an actual celebration. So I'll rewind to yesterday. I don't know how long these things are supposed to be, but bear with me.

My 2 out of town aunts were in town this weekend, so yesterday began with a family breakfast at the grandparent's house. Wow...never a dull moment with my family. Mom made me go to Walmart before I went over to pick up a VHSC adapter so we could watch home videos over there (apparently we lost ours; somehow I was almost blamed for that). I probably should have taken longer gettin ready or somethin so I could have skipped the Walmart outing and those embarrassing hours could have been prevented, but I must not have been thinking clearly. Anyways, I went and we watched and much laughter ensued. I think most of it was directed at 8 yr old me jumping on the trampoline in some hideous outfit that I don't think could have looked good on anyone in any decade. ....good times. Once we made it past that, it was relatively enjoyable.

When that was over, I headed over to pick Bree up. Hung out at her place for a few to kill time b/c I was early as always. We met at Ernie's and somehow we were still early so that was grounds for him to mock me. Sam and Tanisha got there and it was on to the Ron Jon Resort...aka: Wet n Wild's little brother! I love that place-248 ft spiral water slide, a LAZY RIVER, a hot tub with 3 different areas to sit, a massive pool....can't beat it. Of course, we all probably would have appreciated it much more if it had been hotter out as opposed to really windy. We were shivering before we even got wet. The hot tub got too hot after a bit so someone had the brilliant idea to mosey on over to the pool.....yeah, that didn't last long. All in all, a fun time though.

Back at Mike's, we all got ready for ice-skating. Sam, Tanisha, and Ernie split off early so Erns could get to hocky. Meanwhile Mike, Bree, Chase, and I hunted for food. Uno's was a 50 min wait so that was a negative. The mall was right behind us so we ended up there. Chick-fil-a for me. I had hoped to leave from there so I could watch hocky too-I was supposed to be tallying shots for Brandon....eh, I forgot paper anyways. But we ended up shopping? Well, brief shopping in Pac Sun and FYE. Got to the rink around 7:30 where it looked like an entire middle school was waiting to get it. Okay, I don't mind kids or pple that age in general, but when it comes to ice-skating, some of these kids just shouldn't be there. Come now, who wears a miniskirt and fishnet stockings to ICE skating(or anywhere for that matter)? Girls under like 15 do. Then there are the pple who can't skate, which I won't really bash b/c I've been there too. On top of that are the pple who skate fantastic and don't care about those of us who aren't olympic winners. Someone is always trying to knock you over. Always skate with a buddy; it's just safer. But, hey, I managed not to fall at all for the second time so I can't complain too much. And the music selection was much more tolerable, likeable actually. Thanks for that DJ's. I'd also like to thank the academy, err.....I mean Isaac, Mike, Erns, Brandon, Sevrin, Chelsea, and Charlie(and anyone I forgot) for assisting in my somewhat dangerous attempt at skating backwards. I'm gettin there though; maybe I'll get it next time.


Arite, I was thinkin I had some more amusing anecdotes, but uh they're not comin to me. I think I've written enough for now anyway.......in fact, sorry for the book. It'll only get wor....better!

2 Comments:

Blogger BreeHarmony.com said...

jess!!! good times good times.
so many memories we simply can't leave behind.
and that nite rocked.just what i needed after being trapped ( in a sense) from all of you.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

ah yes we missed our breezy....nice comment almost in a poem form there buddy. i like it. glad you're back.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home