Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Service & Sam

So today of course, I started out with Sociology at BCC. I had originally planned to follow that up with a trip to Orlando with some family to take my Aunt Lisa to the airport, but decided I'd better go out in service when my mom said she might not go (she ended up going anyway). Got to work with Sam, Emilie, Chris, and Tanisha-plus Helen and Alex joined us. We started out with not-at-homes. Chris was telling us which houses to go to. Sam and I went to get one farther down; Emilie and Tanisha were supposed to do the two next to the van. When we got back in the van, Emilie asked Chris which house was the do not call.....none of the houses were do not calls. They ended up skipping the one house they were supposed to do thinking it was a do not call and going to the house that had already been crossed off. Then, they get out to do the house they had skipped. Chris had the not at home slip and was like "Great, now no one will be home and I already crossed it off" so she writes the number again. As the girls are walking away, someone comes to the door, so Chris has to cross the number off again. To top it off, apparently the woman at that house opened the door and asked Tanisha, "Are you family?" When Tanisha said no, she just closed the door and that was that.....fascinating pple. After I went with Chris to her study, mom called me to tell me her study, Denise-who was pregnant-had lost her baby. Chris and I went over to sit with her....so sad. We met the group for the afternoon, did some territory and calls, and now I'm back home.
Sam just called me-I'll share her story. She was at Best Buy and there was a good parking spot, but she didn't want to go down the aisle with the up arrow so she drove all the way around like a good person. By the time she got there, some other car went down the wrong way and stole her spot.....she was pretty peeved. Think of Tawanda from Fried Green Tomatoes here......okay, no she didn't ram the person's car. Instead, she took her gum and put it on their windshield after they left.....just enough to calm her anger, but not enough to get her arrested. nice touch. I was amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home