Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Friday, October 27, 2006

So Long, So Long

Wow. I usually don't let this much time pass between posts, but I've been slacking in this area lately. Let's back track, shall we?

Sam's parents went on a cruise at the end of Sep. which meant a weekend at her house with a rockin' dance party Friday night-chaperones included. I ended up sick the last week of that month, so I had to do a 10 hr day that Friday to get my 70 hrs in-there was no way I was gonna miss my time on my very first month pioneering.

The first week in Oct, my parents went to Colorado, which meant a week at my place for Sam. We were too busy with regular schedules for a party, but we took advantage of whatever we could. The first night, we grabbed some friends for a double feature: School for Scoundrels and The Guardian. Friday night, I went with Dana and Chris to the Palm Bay v. Cocoa Away game... a sad disappointment (is that monotonous?)

The next week, our meetings were a bit turned around. A group of us went to the Monday night bookstudy and Bayside's Ministry School on Tuesday, because Thursday night was the Nintendo Fusion Tour at Hard Rock Live! The Sleeping, Plain White T's, Emery, Relient K, and Hawthorne Heights-great concert. Between each band, the guys with us (Ernie, Brandon, Isaac, Matt, Charles) formed a hacky sack circle at the back; at one point, I think they were playing with the lead singer of The Sleeping. Very cool stuff...the stuff that was not so cool: 1)We got to the concert after it had already started(partly because I picked everyone up a few minutes late, partly because Chelsea forgot her ticket and we had to go up to Eau Gallie then come back down to Melbourne to get it, partly because we had to stop and eat, partly because of traffic and halloween horror nights people) 2)The drive home...let's just say Orlando and I are not on speaking terms.

The day after the concert, my buddy from Maryland-Melanie-flew down for the weekend. Friday, I should have been sleeping but we went shopping, which is not really a complaint. Saturday, I had to work-and I'm currently racking my brain trying to remember what we did after work.....oooo right dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and ice skating! Zach came up behind Sam and she thought she was gonna fall so she grabbed me and then she did fall and pulled me down with her-I still owe you for that Zach. Ernie thought it was ironic that Melanie came down here from up north and we took her ice skating....but hey, she didn't object. Sunday, her, Sam, Tanisha(who was dragged out of bed by Sam), and I went to Busch Gardens. My mom drove us and dropped us off, then went to see her sister in Tampa. It was a long, exhausting, delirious ride over-lots of kareoke singing was involved. The thing that kept me going was the thought of making it to the new coaster with the vertical drop. So, there I was: after......however long its been since Sheikra was finished....I was finally at the threshold of terror. 200 ft straight down....Tanisha was insistent on not going-but that's never stopped us. Each car for this coaster sits 8 across, 3 rows back. We ended up in row 3 for our first ride, which was okay since I was focusing on keeping Tanisha calm anyway. We're off. Time to start climbing that 200 ft....you can see everything from up there...almost to the top....here it is....now at this point, the very top of that vertical drop, they suspend you at the brink of going over for 4 seconds to build anticipation and then it's all downhill. And then it's over. Sure, there's another baby vertical drop into a tunnel, and flying between water, and some twists...but it kinda let me down. I will say however, the first row, is much better. Being right there to see the ground coming up to meet you is pretty intense-that's what made up for it. (That 3 minutes on the site.....I'd say 2 and half is the intro climb) Later, walking through the park, I was spitting ice at the other girls-which apparently they did not appreciate. I kept looking over at Sam, b/c she just had this look that said revenge. I could see the wheels going and I was just waiting for an ice cube to hit me....I turn my back for a milisecond and what's that? Not an ice cube, but her entire cup of ice water. She threw it on me! I had to give her credit-didn't see it coming....good times.

The tract work is going awesome. Other than today when I stuck a bunch in letters, the most I've done in a day is 24-which is nothing for Tyler, Mr.100InADay. I had off school the week it started so that worked out conveniently. I love the tract work-so simple, brief, no not at homes. I wish we could always do tract work.

That Saturday, Sam and I went to the King Center for Teddy Geiger-which I originally was going to do for Bree. She, unfortunately, couldn't make it that weekend but we still thought it'd be fun so we went. His opener, William Tell-ex-guitar player for Something Corporate-was awesome! And after he played, he went up front for hugs and autographs. Teddy was really good too, so I'd say the evening was a success. We were housesitting for the Owens, which is always cool. I finished season 1 of Veronica Mars there....now I'm working on finding a cheap season 2. It just came out in August, so it's still a little pricey, but I'm getting desperate. I need to catch up to the current season 3. Keep an eye out.

Ok, well this is what happens when I don't write in forever so sorry again. I'll try to do better...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home