LDS
I have a return visit in Barefoot Bay who I've left magazines with on 2 previous occasions. He's very nice, but he's always seemed just a little bit "slow". Not horribly though, because he can still respond to my questions fairly well, but just enough to notice. So today, I was up that way and dropped by with the December mags. He was nice as always and had 2 adorable cocker spaniels. When I handed him the mags, he said "You know I'm LDS, right?" This is one of those moments where I had no clue what LDS stood for, but I went along with it-assuming in my mind that he was referring to a medical condition....everything added up in my head. I said, "Oh really, no I didn't know that," to which he responded, "Yeah, but I'll give these a read." We wished each other well and we started walking away. "Mom, what does LDS stand for?" I immediately asked upon getting reasonably distant from the door. "Latter-Day Saints." Wow, didn't I feel stupid. Here I am thinking he's explaining why he seems a little slow, and he's talking about his religion...guess I need to brush up on these religion-affiliated abbreviations. As of now, I've got JW and LDS...

1 Comments:
lds sounds like drugs!!! i prolly would have said " oh your lds? thats why u respond 2 seconds slower than normal ppl! makes sense"
Post a Comment
<< Home