"The bathroom's occupied!"
The following anecdote may be a "you had to be there" moment, but for those of us who were there-it was just too random and funny not to share. (Disclaimer: I have permission of the party involved...she can't sue.)
You may or may not know that I'm fairly determined to win things on the radio-in fact, I did win a gift certificate to some fancy designer boutique that's opening in Melbourne (which is good 'cus I can't afford a fancy designer boutique without one) just yesterday. Sam won the same thing last week, so I wanted to win one so we could go shopping together. Anyways, because I won yesterday, I'm not allowed to win again for like 2-4 weeks :-( This is unfortunate because this is "Pick Your Purse" weekend on 107.1-caller #7 wins the Now 23 Cd, 2 tickets to Cinemaworld, 4 tickets to the State Fair, and an entry into the drawing held on Monday for a Juicy Couture purse and designer sunglasses. On a side note, I'm not all about the designers or anything, but free stuff is a wonderful thing, and it's even cooler when it's nice free stuff. So, I told Chelsea I'd call for her and she could answer the phone if it rang and we could strike up a little deal if she won...
Now that the stage is set: Chelsea had just walked to the back room to go to the bathroom when I hear the dial tone signaling me to start calling in. Rachel's with a customer, so I have to get to Chelsea. I grab my cell phone and the work phone-which has 2 lines-and go for it. As I'm dialing and re-dialing I race to the back. I start for the customer bathroom, but realize when the door is open that she's in the employee bathroom. By now, one of my phones is ringing so I start sprinting-thankfully, I don't think any customers were at the back of the store around that time, though I wasn't paying much attention so I suppose I could be wrong. Just as I get into the back room, I hear "Caller #3. Try again." As I'm re-dialing, I start yelling for Chelsea. Thinking I'm in desperate need of the bathroom myself, she responds, "The bathroom's occupied!" I start yelling back, "Chelsea, open the door! You have to answer the phone! I can't win! Open the door!" At this point, both of my phones start ringing through, adding to the frantic rush. I start kicking the door a little, with Chels yelling, "NO! I'm in the bathroom!" We go back and forth- "Chelsea, you have to open the door!" "I'm in the bathroom!" Finally, she caves. The door swings open and I thrust both phones in her hands, before realizing she's standing there in her shirt and underwear-apparently it was an extremely inopportune moment(normal people would have figured this out when they knew she was in the bathroom.) So she's standing there in the doorway with her pants around her ankles, holding both phones up to her ears, asking me what to say. All I could do was hide behind the door laughing hysterically. The phones just keep ringing so I'm like, "Ok. I guess you didn't win." I take the phones back, making sure they're sterilized, and leave her to finish her business, making my way back to the front in laughing tears. If only I had a headshot pic of her peeking out of the bathroom with 2 phones to add to this post...good times. By the way, she didn't even know what she was trying to win when all of this occured...but I don't think she was expecting a surprise bathroom visit. What a great friend lol!
Chelsea's response to our bonding time : "hello im the victim in all of this im just letting all of u kon i usually dont talk on the fone or anything else in the bathroom that is why i can safely say that i dearly love jessica (and free stuff!) that i made a pretty weird exeption to my rules. But i do tell u now that if u stop by to use the employe bathroom that u just might b inturupted and have random fones thrown at u and then b laughed at so go ahead and stop by!"
***New note: Today (11/6/06), I called the radio station and actually asked how long you have to wait before you can win again. Their answer? If you're trying to win the same contest, it's 30 days. If you're trying to win different contests....wait for it....there is no waiting period! To sum up, the whole bathroom fiasco did not even have to occur because I could have been trying to win myself....just thought this little fact added to the whole experience.***

3 Comments:
it's times like these that make me miss you and chelsea :)
love audra!
we miss you too! can you imagine if all three of us had been involved in this episode...haha
dude, kid, ur really slacking on the whole entry thing. what is this, nothing since november 4th? hop to it sheesh!
Post a Comment
<< Home