Black Belt
I'm starting to wonder if I have anger issues and if I'm more violent than I realize. Friday after soccer, Brad threw water on my back from his gallon jug. Seeing as how I planned to get in my car soon thereafter, I wasn't initially thrilled but it was all in good fun. I laughed. I moved on. It was fine. Then...opportunity presented itself. I was behind him when he went to take a drink. Before I could stop myself, I reached up and hit the jug of water into his face. Yes..."into" his face. I thought it went well at first when everyone laughed. Then Erns pointed out that a maneuver like that is more properly executed by hitting the jug up from the bottom as one pulls it away from their face-NOT into their face while they're drinking, as that can cause bleeding of the lip or possibly even tooth damage. Oops. In this case, no tooth damage. But I did, in fact, cause a small gash on his lip that bled for a few minutes. I felt awful. Brad was a good sport.
This brought back another memory, however, which is why I'm beginning to question my occasional bursts of violence. Last year in Gville, Brandon made a joke that I did not appreciate and which prompted me to hit him. It was supposed to be a semi-playful jab to the shoulder. People do it all the time. No bruise. However, due to the dangerous combination of me being on the phone at the time and the horrible aim I have anyway, the semi-playful shoulder jab ended up as a punch to the jaw-a fairly forceful one according to his account. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't worth the look of complete shock on his face. And I maintain that he probably deserved it, but I guess I'm going to have to work on this. At least they're great stories.
The convention was incredible as always and I'd love to go again. Saturday morning, I was able to help with contribution boxes. Sam, Emilie & Steph joined the ranks - we lost track of Em but I was seated at a station right between Sam and Steph on one of the second level hallways so that was perfect. I was worried I wouldn't be able to hear the program since you stay there all morning, but Marie brought me a radio! Both circuits were together this year so we got to see everyone :-) There were some really powerful points each day. I can't believe it's over...
Marisa is in town so I went to lunch with her and Emilie after the meeting today. We ate at the mexican place in Sebastian. So after we finish, we all get up to leave. APPARENTLY, my right foot fell asleep while we were sitting there. I don't know why - I was not sitting abnormally. But as I get out and start trying to walk in my high heels, my right ankle gives out...and it gives out again with every step I try to take after. I kept looking down to see if my heel had broken or something. But, no. I just could not walk. The people who worked there must have thought I was diseased. I literally took my shoes off and walked out barefoot until I could sit at the bench out front. All 3 of us are laughing hysterically and then I try to put my shoes back on the wrong feet...it was just ridiculous. Meanwhile, Marisa had left a note for the waitress on her receipt that we all thought she was gorgeous so I'm sure she was reading that right about the time we're sitting right in front of the window laughing at my idiocy...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home