Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Friday, July 20, 2007

District Convention Day 1

(If you're wondering what the restroom sign has to do with the convention...I'll get to that in a bit)

Although I was fairly hungry in the morning and fairly exhausted in the afternoon, today was full of great points. Why "follow the Christ"?....Hopefully, by now we all know the answer. I can think of 5 specific points...anyone?
I really enjoyed the points on Jehovah appreciating small things; those little creatures are pretty amazing! It was also interesting to learn that "Jesus Christ" means something different than "Christ Jesus". And how cool was that sound drama?! It really made the scriptures stand out; shows how important it is to really meditate on the verses as we read them. Those were some things I appreciated. You?

Some social highlights:
*The Townsends were there!!!! It hasn't been that long since they moved, but we miss them=( It was a nice surprise to see them there.
*I finally met Jimmy, and Danny as well. BTW Jimmy, definately let me know about after the Pioneer Meeting! I think it's going to be at a hall close to where I live this year-possibly the same one where PSS is-so it wouldn't be too hard for me to hang out after! We'll talk...
*I finally got that LSAT book off my hands. Did you actually keep it, Nick, or did you get sick of holding it in the 90 degrees while directing traffic and chuck it? I'm bringing you guys water tomorrow! Saw you and James working hard...thanks for all you guys parking and attending and contribution box watching (sisters too), etc.!

Some low points:
-My Great-Grandma had one of her infamous hot flashes. Mom and Grandma-and the sister behind them-were all trying to fan her off. They finally had to bring a wheelchair and take her in the lobby to cool her off...she apparently fell asleep. Then they left before the last talk. I don't think she can handle full days anymore.
-Ok, so the bathroom sign....still curious? I walked my mom and grandparents out to the lobby when they were leaving to help carry their stuff. It was on the main floor, south side. When they left, I had to go to the bathroom before going back to my seat. So I walk in the bathroom and I'm thinking, "This looks different." I mean, I had already been in there twice that day and it was completely rearranged. I just brushed it off like I must be in a different one....then I saw the brother at the sink. At that moment, things started to click. I turned around and started to walk out, hoping that brother hadn't noticed me....but then another brother walked in and was like, "Hey there". I said, "Just kidding," and walked out as my face turned who knows how many shades of red. As I walked out, two older sisters were sitting by First Aid with their fingers pointing to the women's room...that finalized my desire to crawl in a deep hole. And now I'm sharing with the blog community, so that's my stupidity, but it was just too priceless a moment not to...I'm sure I'll regret it later...And if any of you happen to know a guy in his 20's who tells you this hilarious story about some blonde girl who went in the men's bathroom at the convention today...you don't know me.

3 Comments:

Blogger APS Jimmy!!! said...

cool beans. I thought that they were going to try and have the Pioneer meeting at the assembly hall right?? Oh well, at least you'll be close by there. Lets see what happens.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh applejoy, always trying to get into the guys bathroom!!! haha that's why we love you :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I kept it. I used it to direct traffic on Friday.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home