District Convention Day 3
Today, we finished up the Convention with Sunday's program. We took my Grandparents with us, and still made it fairly early...not early enough to get aisle seats near the stage though=( We ended up on the completely opposite end from the stage because we needed 2 aisle seats. It was okay though; there were a lot of people I knew sitting around us so it was nice. Ella was behind us too, so she sat with us a little; I love that girl.
The morning went by pretty quickly and then there was lunch. I have some cleaning to do tonight so I'm going to skip my review, but it was more great information. The public talk had a lot of good points. I saw Monique, who I hadn't seen in so long! I wish I got to hang out with her more.....or even at all. My Leedy and Silhan girls were there too, along with their guys-Levi, Mike D., and Erns. Ernie tried sleeping through lunch, but we wouldn't let 'em. I hadn't seen Mike in a really long time either, but he was there with his little high tech earpiece. I didn't know what it was for the longest time, but it apparently had to do with his "elevator duty." He really just used it to get out of awkward conversations. I'll stop with the "who I got to see" list-you can just check out the pics. It's in the same folder as the ones from last week, and starts here.
I sat with Chase, Clayton, and Zach for the drama and the Watchtower summary. Chance was in the drama, so I stole his seat; Chase pointed everyone in the drama out to me: Chance, Mandy & Dave, Scott Jackson, Angie; plus Micah and Dusty were in it, but I didn't know who they were at first. I got a really bad headache during that time though, so I went back to my seat in the song and grabbed something for it. Chance came back to his seat about half hour later...still wearing his mustache from the drama. I think he would've worn the whole outfit had he thought about it. Then he put his glasses on; looked like some crazy disguise. My whole family that I was sitting with went downstairs during the last song-I was going with Audra, so they were taking my bag, leaving me alone and songbookless. So I went over to Chase and Chance, who graciously let me look on with them.
I joined the Leedy sisters after the convention for dinner at UNO's with the Orlando gang. I set my menu between one of those little stands, and it seemed like it was going to stay so I forgot about it. A few minutes later though, it fell over, taking Audra's water with it and all over her poor lap. I felt so bad, but apparently she discovered her skirt is somewhat water repellant so it wasn't too bad.
Steven comes tomorrow so I need to pick up my room. And tomorrow is my last day at Once Upon A Child! Don't get me wrong; I've been there a really long time and I love the people I work with. I mean, it can't get any better than working for your witness aunt and working with other witnesses. And I usually work with Emilie, which is awesome and I'm going to miss because she's like the sweetest girl ever! But it is time to move on; got my new law office job and a milllion other things lined up for this semester, so I don't have time for another job. In any case, I hope it's for the best. And I don't think I've said yet that I graduate December 20!!!! It's at the King Center and I think it's open seating, so if you want to come, let me know! Celebration!
Oh and we're getting a group for Universal this Wednesday-both parks. Open invite for anyone interested!
PSS Countdown: 2 weeks!!

1 Comments:
one week!
Post a Comment
<< Home