Fast Forward
I realize that I have yet to update with trip details, but that's going to take some time....a resource which I currently lack. Hopefully, I'll still remember the good stuff when I get to post it. First, I'd like to share my Friday:
I met Erns, Chelsea, Bro. Turner, and Dani for early morning service at 7. The sight of my massive Buick Le Sabre turned Bro.Turner's eyes into Watchtower signs as he asked if I'd mind driving for the group-Erns and I were visiting their group by the way. Of course I didnt mind; a great pioneer car like that can only be expected to evoke such reactions. And with that we were off for a first stop at 7-Eleven. We refueled my car and ourselves and grabbed a paper to scope out garage sales. Finally, we headed to beach side to do some boardwalk witnessing. We ended up parking quite a ways from where most of the people were actually congregated, so we decided to all get out and walk in that direction. We girls threw our purses in the trunk, made sure my car was locked, and forged ahead-literature in hand. After probably 20-30 minutes with limited success, we headed back to the car; the meter was almost out and we had to meet back with the group soon. So, as I'm walking with everyone, a light bulb suddenly pops up over my head.....just before crashing into it. I realize with much shagrin that my keys were resting snugly inside my purse which was resting snugly inside the trunk of my locked car....*DOH* Of all times, it had to be with Bro. Turner.....what an opportune setting for an extreme blonde moment. Fortunately, Audra-who had originally planned on going in early morning with us but overslept-lives just down the street. I made an emergency call with Turner's phone-seeing as how mine was shacked up with my keys-and she came over. Meanwhile, after several frantic phone calls, my aunt was volunteered to get the spare key from my house and take it to work with her where the group would pick it up and bring it back to me(my work is really close). Turner had Audra pick him, Dani, Chelsea, and almost Ernie up for the group meeting, which would have left me alone at the boardwalk waiting for my keys by my locked car. One of the girls mentioned this observation, however, and it was decided that Ernie would be my bodyguard. Ernie and I walked up and down that boardwalk, trying to keep our time going, until after 10 am(with a brief Starbucks stop included-we played checkers=}) Finally they picked us up and we got back to normal service. Our day was enhanced with 3 total 7-Eleven runs, phone witnessing, the Scrapbook Barn(Aud and I are scrapbooking the Bethel Bus Tour), Wal-Mart, Friday's for dinner, and Superman that night! ("I forgot how warm you are." lol) Decent movie and of course Marble Slab after that. And don't forget: Spiderman 3-May 4, 2007!

2 Comments:
LOL thats why I have an OCD to always check to see if I have my keys.
haha yea it's a shame I have OCD about everything else...
Post a Comment
<< Home