Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Work Paid Off Already

Saturday, I headed over to Orlando to meet a guy named Mike and work at the big JPMA tradeshow. It's for baby products and he sells baby shoes.....I found the Convention Center just fine, but he asked me to meet him at a gas station and follow him to where he was staying to pick up his products. I'm not very Orlando savvy so instead of just hopping back on 528 W and hitting the next exit(which I realized today is what I should have done), I went 528 E all the way back to Orange Blossom Trail, which I then had to follow down to Sand Lake Road and all the way down International Drive. I finally found him, but once we got to the place, we had to wait over an hour for the staff to bring his boxes out of storage. Once we took those to the convention center, we had to go shopping. I'm sad to report it was not Florida Mall shopping, but Big Lots. He had to buy a sofa and tables, etc for his space at the show. Not to mention that Big Lots is on none other than S Orange Blossom Trail, so I ended up right back over there again except even farther. Then we had to cram this massive sofa and three boxed tables into his van and my car.....my trunk wouldn't shut so it was flying up and down the whole way back. Back at the center, we had to unload these things as well....my arms felt like Jello by the time we got that sofa inside. Finally, around 4:30 I left and started to Monique's. She told me to call her when I got to a certain road and she'd meet me, but her phone was on silent so I ended up going straight to her house and surprising her family instead.....I bet they were thrilled ;-] I interuppted her cleaning frenzy and took over half of her room and bathroom. After changing etc, we made the drive over to Smokey Bones to meet up with Levi, Phillipe, and Jessi. After some confusion and some waiting, our group arrived, orders were placed, top movies were discussed, food was eaten, bills were paid, and we left. Next stop was the bowling alley.....right, after a sock stop at Dollar General due to the lack of intelligence on the evening that was provided to Jessi by certain guys who shall remain unnamed, but not so anonymous. The 5 of us bowled one game, Levi coming in at the top with something like 114....I was so sure I was going to be 2nd, but Jessi came out of nowhere and clobbered me. Monique said she wasn't much of a bowler but she managed a spare by the 3rd or 4th frame and did pretty decently for the rest. She beat me out a couple times. Poor Jessi was wearing capris(not usually ideal with bowling shoes).....here's where those unnamed guys come into play again....but I actually didn't notice once we started playing-of course, that may have had something to do with the fact that once we started playing, Levi was also wearing makeshift capris, as is shown in one of the pictures below. Anyways, we ended the night by Levi's Mini Cooper and made it home a little after 11, despite getting slightly lost in Jessi's development when we dropped her off. I got to bond with her family a bit before bed at like 1.....7 AM came early. Today was the set-up for the show and I had somewhat dreaded it. It actually went by pretty fast(9 to 4) but my hand is bruised from putting together the two tables and my arms are sore.....I'm out of shape anyways but those screws would not go in! However, I was more than happy to have helped when the guy I'm working for handed me a lovely white box with "Chanel Paris" in gold lettering on it(shown above). Inside of the lovely white box with gold lettering was a soft white envelope style bag. Inside the soft white envelope style bag was a black wallet-shown here. Needless to say, he has surprisely good-and expensive-taste. Now, I'm at home-I have to join my family at the pool where everyone is going gaga over my 8 month old cousin, Gabriella. Enjoy the pics!
here we have Jessi, Monique, & Phillipe-prbly waiting for Levi to finish his pro bowling

the aforementioned levi shot

we girls have to stick together

Jessi and Monique-a little skeptical about the bowling scores

for those of you who haven't caught on....^the "anonymous" guys-they even look a little guilty

took Levi's long arms to get all of us in the pic-despite his suggestion to ask the guy next to us to take it; I didn't b/c Monique said he looked like he'd steal my camera lol

The End

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home