Home from Home
My imminent return from my old stomping grounds in Delaware has occured-I am home at last...actually, I can't say at last b/c those 5 days flew. Sam and I made our trip up there last Wednesday for Tyler's graduation party, which is always fun since Sam's not too crazy about flying. After our brief layover in Charlotte, we walked off the plane which had no air for the hour and a half flight and which was a tenth the size of our last plane. My buddy, Tyler(left w/ Sam and I), and his friend, Devin(who ironically had also flown in from Florida that day), picked us up in Salisbury. We stopped by my Aunt Lisa's house, as she was letting us borrow her old Honda for the entirety of our stay, and met them back at Ty's house. Wednesday night was spent watching X-Men and X2 to prepare for our outing to X3 on Thursday....Sam and I had never seen them-Sam saw the third one first, so she had to catch up. Then we all hung out upstairs until about 3:30 talking-mainly about Samantha-before we decided to get some shut eye. Thursday morning, Tyler had grad rehearsal, so the rest of us slept in and awaited his return-upon which, we went to X3. I must say, I am loving the X- Trilogy. We went for a walk in the mall after-wards and happened upon Heather, Kathy, and baby Hannah on the way out! I was so excited-
Heather and Hannah were up for the party too from North Carolina and I didn't expect to see them until the next day. Hannah is 10 months old-chubby cheeks, long eyelashes, and big blue eyes. From there, the four of us went to the Old Mill Crabhouse; I've been going to this place since probably before I could even say crab. I promised Sam I'd take her, so we went and enjoyed ourselves. Sam and I then met up with Melanie and headed back to Aunt Lisa's for strawberry daquiris and chocolate dipped strawberries-my uncle picked 4 quarts of them for us, so we wanted to use 'em!Friday morning was lazily spent on the couch watching "The Skulls" waiting to hear from Heather. Sam and I finally rolled out of the house around noon and made a stop at the library to look up my old school yearbook. Then we drove up to Ocean City for some shopping and to meet Heather and her family. We met up with them and walked the boardwalk for a bit before deciding to go on some rides. Sam and I were the only ones who went for that, but it was fun-brought back memories. Sam ended up getting a little sick to her stomach and headed for bed when we got back to Tyler's. His graduation ceremony was that night, so we got back to the house afterwards where they were having a family gathering. Before he let her go to bed, Tyler's dad made Sam drink some O'doul's. It's a non-alcoholic beer that he swears by for an upset stomach. [On a side note, if it claims to be a non-alcoholic beer, why must you be 21 years or older to enter the web site?.....Heck, why should you have to be 21 to enter the web site of an alcoholic beverage either?!] He was so funny telling her, "I'm going to be rich off this. I'm telling you-it works!" You just gotta love 'em.
Saturday was the day of the party, so things were somewhat stressful for poor Stephanie-Ty's mom. She did awesome though, as did her family, and everything came out great. Her sister made this amazing cake! I got to see a lot of old friends, and everyone had a good time. The food was fantastic-mac'n'cheese, baked beans, green beans, bread pudding, spectacular chicken, etc. We had leftovers that night and Sunday for lunch with no complaints. One of Ty's gifts was Star Wars Trivial Pursuit-we definately all stayed up playing that! Team Vader, consisting of Tyler, Whitney, and myself was winning for that whole fipping game. Then Team Yoda ended up catching up and beating us because it took us forever to land on the blue headquarter and everytime we finally did, we got some off the wall question with answers like "Nueb Nwib" or something like that. Amanda and Whit went to bed, but our happy foursome stayed up once again. We watched the MTV Movie Awards spoof off Batman Begins with Jimmy Fallon and John Heder-"Who did you think was Batman.....Superman?!" Then we moved on to "Tommy Boy." It was a long night...
We all managed to drag ourselves out of bed Sunday morning for the meeting. After lunch, Sam and I left for Lisa's. The three of us went shopping and then picked up my uncle for dinner and dessert at Rita's! We had planned on watching Pride&Prejudice back at the house since my aunt hasn't seen it yet. She was too tired thought and West Side Story was already on tv, so we watched the end of that instead and went to bed. Sam realized that she left her sweatshirt at the Ebron's so I texted Tyler and asked him to meet us for lunch Monday and bring it.
Monday morning, Aunt Lisa skipped the gym and did our hair. Tyler and Devin met us at 11 and followed us over to Olive Garden for lunch....they now have a couple new desserts, one of which is an amazing chocolate chip gelato. We all split it....soooo good! Abigail and Cindy met us after lunch for some more short shopping, which allowed me to give Abby my graduation gift. Tyler helped me out a bit :-) Then, we said goodbye for like the third time and Lisa took us to the airport. Thanks to all my pals up there who showed us a great time. Sorry I was mean to you, Tyler, even though you have temporary brain damage.....let me know how progression goes with that frontal lobe anger. I'll send you a grad. card to make up for it and when you use your gift card, I'll be nice! Blogspot isn't letting me post anymore pics at the moment, so you can find the rest from my trip here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home