I hate viruses!
Saturday, I come home briefly before work from house-sitting to discover an IM from Chase, asking if it was okay for him to post some picture of us on his webpage.....my first thought was, "I didn't even know Chase had pictures." I should have trusted my instinct, but instead, that same curiousity that killed the cat got a virus on my computer. It was one of those viruses that gets in your system and sends the link to everyone on your buddy list like every 10 minutes. I didn't realize what had happened until I'm at work and I get text messages with the link again.....then Sam gets them on her phone. Then Jackie calls me, asking what picture I was trying to post.......*lightbulb* In the next several hours, I received calls from Garrett, Tanisha, and Becca, wondering what I was trying to send them. I ended up sending a mass text to those who hadn't called me yet as a warning, told my mom to turn the computer off as soon as she got home, and asked Garrett to fix it for me-Hailey was unfortunately suckered in by the link too, so he had to fix their computer as well. More hours passed and Garrett let me know he had gotten rid of that pesky virus and he installed Norton, but my internet wasn't working. He said he needed an install disk......much to our chagrin, my mother searched a little before declaring that she was fairly convinced she had thrown the computer CDs away the other day because "we never use them." Who does that?! Everyone knows that those CDs are NEVER to be thrown away.....in fact, I think it might even be written on them. Anyways, to end the agony-after 2 phone calls to Brighthouse, we figured out that the problem was conflict with the anti-virus programs on my computer. Norton conflicted with one that was already installed, so I had to remove the Norton firewall and now my internet is back.......the only problem now are the pop-ups. Suddenly, they are a regular occurance.......
In other good news, I'm without a car for the time being. Mine was making funny noises, so my dad checked it and let me know that something's leaking and I can't drive it anywhere. He can't fix it, so we're going to have to take it to the shop-he thinks something's wrong with the water pump? That's going to cost me a nice chunk of change-right on schedule with paying for the Bethel Bus Tour, car insurance, graduation gifts, and miscellaneous items.....so much for that MP3 player....
P.S. "Poseidon" was super mega intense, but ended way too abruptly. The only thing worth the $5.50 was Josh Lucas.
The Star Wars Marathon on Saturday night only cost me $5 for donuts for Jake&Cheryl's and was much more exciting. Besides Anikin/Vader-whose acting sucked immensely in II, but improved along with his hair by III-and Obi-Won, laughin it up with everyone was great. Ashley-"Yours is bent." Emilie-still working on that wish list.
Last but not least, thanks to T-Na for the pool party yesterday......good times and good games. Those guys are dangerous!

2 Comments:
hey, u can download antivirus stuff online for free. i have tons of free stuff cuz i got one of those things about a year ago. but ur thingy didnt touch my comp the other day. and hey, how come ihop didnt make ur blog cut??? wtf man!!! lol
sorry that stupid virus had me too worked up to remember EVERYTHING but yes ihop=good times.....actually the virus isn't gone yet. I need to go work on that now. thnx for the tips.
Post a Comment
<< Home