Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Monday, May 29, 2006

Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Yesterday was my day with Audra at the circuit assembly-it wasn't extremely eventful as would be expected while you're trying to pay attention to the program, but I love hanging out with Aud. There was an interesting guy there though-probably late teens/early twenties, super tall, uber blonde highlights in his long spiked hair, and a pinstripe suit that was at least two sizes too small. He got up multiple times and was sitting in the very front row-he walked funny too; I think it was the combination of factors previously mentioned....or maybe he was practicing for that clown audition at the circus next weekend. The guy he was with looked like a younger version of "tall creepy thin man" from Charlie's Angels. But I'm sure they're very nice guys.....

After the program ended, we were supposed to help clean. After chatting for a few moments and heading to the cafeteria, there were already a ton of volunteers cleaning and we didn't know what to do. We stood around awkwardly, moving our feet to allow the vacuum to pass, and waiting for Candy's family to decide on a dinner destination. An hour and a half later, we ended up at Ruby Tuesdays....where we waited for another 30-40 minutes for a table (Candy's family alone consists of like 12 people so it took a while). My last visit to Tuesday's, I had ordered that 4-way sampler and ravished it, so I went for it again. Then our waitress comes back and tells us they are "out of wings." Those asian-glazed wings are the best part of the sampler-I had actually asked for more of them instead of mozerella sticks-so this news served a devastating blow to my now rumbling tummy. They conceded to substitute the asian dumplings instead, but I still miss those wings. The rest of the sampler was okay, though I ate most of it to battle the intense flame that burst into my mouth after every bite of those asian dumplings....I prefer to taste my food, not put it out. So, we pay our checks and get up to leave; I start walking, without giving much attention to what's ahead when my head suddenly feels like.....well, feels like I walked into the large lamp hanging from the ceiling. Ouch. I debated suing the restauarant for my wings....Somewhat recovered, Aud and I made a quick stop and headed to her apartment, where we popped in "Just Friends." "I swear...."

Today was such a great lazy day. I slept until almost 10, which felt great. Then Aud and I laid in bed in our PJs until 3 watching chick flicks-A Cinderella Story and Never Been Kissed; I heart
Michael Vartan! Then, I finally got dressed so we could grab some lunch at Moe's and hit the computer lab for some quick picture exchange*wink*wink* Thanks for the cool weekend Aud!
Here are a couple more pics:

Audra, you just look so smart in those glasses.....which I guess is appropriate you "nerd" lol

the happy couple

(below) Audra in her lab coat.....our own little doctor

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jessica, i just wanted to tell you i love your blog, and i love you.
see you friday for a killer service day!! :)
-aud the nerddd

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home