Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Saturday, March 18, 2006

I can skate backwards!

Yes, it's official. I completed my training (well close enough) in the art of ice skating backwards last night. It took a lot of friends and their patience but I can actually perform this manuever decently now. I still have to master the looking over my shoulder while I'm skating so as not to run into anyone....else. And it'd be nice if I could pick up some speed, but other than that, I was quite proud. Chelsea learned too and we helped each other out. I only fell once....and speaking of falling: Bo actually decided to skate last night; usually he just comes and watches us for an hour. I've never been able to figure that out, but it seems that he's never been ice skating before. So last night, I look over to the entrance of the rink and see Bo.....edging his way onto the ice with one of those metal walkers. For those of you who don't know Bo, this story won't have quite as much meaning. But for those of you who do......stop laughing at the mental image you're having right now. At least long enough for me to finish the tale. Anyways, we all tried to help Bo with this ice skating concept and he did okay. Later, after a break, we're all on the ice just in front of the entrance and Bo slowly and carefully joins us. Not sure what happened but all of a sudden, Bo starts to lose his balance......and of course I was next to him. So I attempt with all my might to help him somehow-trying to grab his walker or push him back forward.....not happening. His legs fly out from under him and he lands flat on his back. And he fell HARD! Poor guy.....I mean, it was really funny.....but poor guy. I think that was the end of skating for him for the night. Even better, not 2 minutes later Sam is on the ice trying to do the cha-cha slide......thats right, folks: the cha-cha slide on ice. Not a good idea to begin with but it's close to becoming tradition. Well she goes for the hop......and pulls a Bo. Legs out, back down. Where was my camera when I needed it?!

Moving right along, 5 straight days of work have finally passed and now it's time for HOMEwork. Yippy skippy.....heh that one's for you Bree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home