I WON!
Before I elaborate on that winning issue, let me explain my day. I got to work this morning under the impression that someone else would be there, but knowing already that one of the persons who was supposed to be working had developed bronchitis and could not come in. The other employee wasn't there yet when I arrived, so I just went in and started to get ready for the day: opened the registers....by myself, talked to Nick regarding personal somewhat amusing issues...by myself, vacuumed what part of the store I could...by myself, did some other odds and ends and eventually opened...by myself. At this point, it occured to me to call the other employee. Suspicions were confirmed-she was at the doctor's office with her son and had neglected to call ahead to let us know. I called Samantha-another employee and friend-only to discover that she is heading to Orlando-which ironically is where the owner was at for the day too- to go shopping. The only other employee was Chelsea, a regular pioneer who I knew was in service for her long day....offically alone at the store now. To make a longer story shorter, I made several more phone calls and ending up roping Samantha in for the day. She sacrificed her trip to Orlando, with little to no effort on my part and I was extremely grateful.
On to my winnings! 107.1 has the drive at 5 every weekday between 5 and 6 PM....previously mentioned in another post *hint*hint* You have to listen for the song that they tell you before 5 and be caller 7 to win....well Sam and I missed the song we were supposed to listen for. We tried to call the radio station to ask, but it was busy at first. Finally, I picked up the phone, pressed redial, it rang, and the guy said "A1A, caller number 2." Caller number 2?! I just wanted to know what song I was listening for, but I guess this is it-hang up, redial, it rings again! He answers again and I'm caller number 7!!!! I could hardly contain my excitement....what did I win, you ask? $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO THE MELTING POT! I'm at work and I'm jumping up and down like a 12 year old at an NSYNC concert. I sounded like a complete moron when he played it back on the radio.....but WHO CARES?! I'M GOING TO THE MELTING POT! Amazing after I dedicated that post to that very restaurant. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty good. Now I'm off to help with dinner...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home