Road Trip
So I lied about maybe not posting for a while....my aunt and uncle have a computer, so while I'm here I have to share some details of my road trip today. We left home at 3:30 this morning-I think I fell back asleep before we got to the end of our road. Breakfast was at Waffle House in South Carolina...hopefully none of you work at a Waffle House, but I swear there's always an employee in there that appears to have an IQ of less then 50. Case in point: we're almost done with our food and we hear two employees yelling about a "tomato salad." The one woman was clearly in charge and was asking her subordinate(the one with the less than average IQ) to make a tomato salad, which apparently consists of 4 slices of tomato. It must have been a new concept for her, because right away she says "We don't do that." And her boss explains that yes they do that; it's on the menu. So the dull crayon in the box is like "Well, you get the salad and I'll get the tomato," to which her boss tells her a tomato salad is just 4 slices of tomato....she still wasn't getting it. They must have gone back and forth for 5 minutes-"You get the salad." "A tomato salad is FOUR SLICES OF TOMATO." "Well that's stupid. I dont understand." etc etc etc. And at Waffle House, the employees yell across the room so it was a community argument. I would have hated to be the poor sap who ordered that tomato salad...wonder what they ended up with.
Moving right along, along I95 we saw quite a number of amusing signs. The one that started it
all was the slogan for a Fireworks store: "More bang for your buck." I think that one speaks for itself. Then, for like 100 miles along South Carolina there are signs advertising a place called South of the Border. I've never been there, but from the highway it looks like a small Mexican amusement park or fair. The signs have some of saddest humor possible and talk a lot about a little guy named Pedro. A few of them were actually noteworthy though: "Fill your trunque weeth Pedro's junque" (If you don't speak Mexican, that translates to: "Fill your trunk with Pedro's junk." This is obviously an attempt to capitalize on "My Humps"-a song that you know I despise if you know me at all. However, I had to laugh at this one) Another one: "You never sausage a place! You're always a weiner at Pedro's" Yes, those were on the same billboard... think they're trying to sell something? I think there was another, but I'll add it later if I remember.Another humorous, and yet just plain sad, incident was my mother's attempt at chewing gum. She's never been a gum person, but I guess I never realized that meant she doesn't know how to chew it. She tried a piece today and she didn't know how to move her mouth and chew the gum. It's not brain surgery, mom.
After 15 and a half hours of driving and losing brain cells by the mile, we made it to Salisbury, MD, where we met our friends for dinner. Now, I'm ready for bed. If anything else happens before we head to NY Sunday, I'll post again. Otherwise, I'll get to it when I get back.

2 Comments:
Jess thats awesome i have a confession........ i'm the one who came up with the slogans!!!!!!
its soo my style!!! i kid i kid. i'm glad your coming home . its gonna be nice to have you back pally!!!
hey u,
lookin forward to hangin with u a LOT this summer
stalking u for now thru ur blog lol
love u!!!
xoxo
ps- gimme a ringy dingy some time chicka ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home