"You're so hot!"
I managed to get off work all day Wednesday to put in a full day in service. Tuesday night, I stayed at Sam's house and got up really early Wed. b/c I was supposed to meet Bree and Mike at 7 for early morning-Tanisha was sweet enough to make us breakfast sandwiches. I grab mine and decide to sit at the table b/c there was stuff on the nearest bar stool. As I sit down, my foot feels something wet on the floor which I immediately assume is water. Then I wonder what water would be doing over there, prompting me to look down. Much to my dismay, I realize I just stepped in dog puke.....blech! I recover from that and head out to my car, where I get another surprise when it won't start. I call and ask to get a ride, only to have it start just after I hang up. I make it to 7 Eleven and service begins. Early morning was unsuccessful, but fun, and I meet back at the hall at 9. A good morning with the Circuit Overseer's wife etc ensues, followed by lunch at our house with the Circuit overseer and observing circuit overseer.
The afternoon-here's where it gets good. Our group consisted of Mom, Bree, Mike, and myself. Our very first call was my mom's study-an 84 year old woman with such a personality. All four of us go in; right away Mom and I notice she cut her hair and it looks really cute. Mom tells her it makes her look younger, to which she adamantly replies that was just what she didn't want because now some guy is going to be attracted to her and she hopes she'll be able to say no......you had to be there. Then she sees Mike's dress shoes and notes how shiny they are-asking him if he shines them or if he's been in the navy. I think he said he shined them once, which made Bree and I laugh more. We all go to sit down: Bree and I head for the couch, but Mike's behind me. I wasn't sure whether to scoot over or not and Marie goes, "Are you going to try to sit on her lap?" He opted for the recliner and quickly got obsorbed in "Divorce Court", which was on her TV, to avoid further similar questioning....no luck. Much to Mike's chagrin, when the topic of conversation turned to marraige, my mom got up and walked across the room to turn the TV off so as not to miss anything. Earlier at the hall, a sister had asked if Mike was my cousin.....at this point, Marie asks if he's my boyfriend. The rest of the day was spent trying to figure out which we are since we're not in West Virginia. When I told her we were just friends, she turned her attention to Bree. We all manage to survive the conversation, but now it's time for goodbyes. She kisses me on the cheek and makes a comment about my height or something. Next she kisses mom, then she moves on to Bree who she says smells very "clean." Now she's got a hold of Mike-literally. She's kissing him on the cheek(he didn't think he would get his face back) and as soon as she lets go she says, "You're so hot!" Now, she obviously meant temperature wise; the way she said it though-it was enough to make Bree and I burst into another fit of laughter. I'm doubled over cracking up trying to walk out of the house and not make her wonder what's so funny. Those are good times right there.
Last night, I happened to be sitting next to Samantha at the meeting. It was just getting ready to start and that Marie story came back to me-I quickly start relating the details. When I got to the "You're so hot" finale, Sam-who had just kind of smiled up to this point-snorts into laughter. It was so funny because the hall was quiet at that point, so it was pretty loud.
Then there was the movie tonight-"The Benchwarmers." With the exception of the parts that completely grossed me out-and there were some-this movie was hilarious! Obviously, it was a movie that you have to be ready to appreciate, but I was and I laughed so hard. Afterwards, we played hacky sack on the 2nd floor. Twice, it went over the balcony. The first time, we were safe, but the second time we got busted. That was the end of sack for the night........and this is the end of me for the night.

1 Comments:
jess that was and awesome day. i enjoyed it very much and so did you cousin/Bf/friend. no fair!! i only get 2 out of 3. eh i won't complain. anyways can't wait for the concert . i predict new and exciting stories that can only try to top " your so hot".
Post a Comment
<< Home