Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Friday, April 28, 2006

Never a dull day

Erns called me on Tuesday to see if I wanted to go in service with him today-I was already feeling crappy Monday, but I needed time so I was like "Sure, now I can go home and finish up then!" So, today was Mom, Sybil, Erns, and myself. We had somewhat of a slow morning and then stopped for a bite to eat in Barefoot Bay.... breakfast was hot chocolate and a blueberry waffle for me-good stuff! We ended our morning at Marie's house-my mom's amusing study who we tortured Mike with. Now it was Ern's turn to see what fun she is. The 5 of us took our seats on her back porch and got comfortable.....Marie didn't waste any time trying to find out if Erns was my boyfriend.....she just asks point blank. I told her he was just a friend, but that didn't stop the conversation from taking a turn to marraige. It was a hilariously awkward period of time. She complimented his long eyelashes and both of our pretty eyes, talked about makeup, told me again he was good looking, kept talking about marraige etc. Then, we went back inside and Ernie said something to Mom and was standing with his arm around her. Marie says to me, "Now hunny, you better be careful. He's after your mom." She's just too much-and as we're walking out of the house, she yells to me, "Well hunny, if he is your boyfriend, I like him!" She turned Mike and Ernie into my boyfriends in less than 20 minutes each....I'm just plotting who else I can take there haha. So after service, Mom and I went shopping. I guess Marie called my mom's cell phone during this time to ask her again if Ernie was in fact my boyfriend. She said he's not as cute as Mike, but he's so nice and she's worried he's going to get hurt by some girl....... that woman just kills me! I can't believe she even remembered Mike's name, but I was sure to tell him she thinks he's cute heh heh. He's got himself an 84 yr old admirer. He and Ernie are in some serious competition!

We dropped Erns and Syb at the hall and headed home with Erns behind us. As we're driving, this white jeep pulls out on Babcock a little in front of us. Mom immediately made a comment because he went off the road a little and swerved back on. I didn't really think much of it, but like a minute later, this car puts his left blinker on and drives over into the other lane, which was empty at that particular time. This is usually a move that you'd pull when passing a vehicle, but there were no cars in front of him. He was passing an invisible car. Mom and I are wondering what the hey he's doing as he just keeps driving in the wrong lane. At this point, there is a line of traffic heading right for him. It was like Chicken in the middle of a busy road with only one car playing! I seriously thought there was going to be an accident right before my eyes. Mom pulled over to the side so we wouldn't be involuntarily playing ourselves and we watched in horror as the car swerved back into his lane at the very last minute.....*whew* I called Erns to see if he had seen what happened and it was clear that he had when he answered, "What was that?!" I don't know what that driver was on, but it was crazy.

But anyways, that was my exciting day, not to mention I finished my time for the month! Auxilary pioneering is much fun, but I couldn't have done it without help from my pals and partners in crime. Tanisha was especially helpful in staying out with me even when her time was all finished-thanks girlie*wackawackawacka*! And of course, thanks to Mom, Chris, Sam, Bree, Mike, Erns, and anybody I missed.

Another sad update, Brandon/Billy/Conor's grandmother died last night....we took them dinner tonight and I think they're hanging in there. The funeral is at 4 on Sunday. It was good to see Billy again, but bittersweet: he went from "Bible Billy" to complete opposite Billy in such a fast time. I miss 'em-especially when I talk to him and he almost sounds like good ole' Billy. Maybe he'll come back one day...

A final note, my current music of choice is the Rocket Summer. Their song "Goodbye Waves and Driveways" really grows on you. The singer has so much angst at the end-makes ya feel his pain. I'm lovin' it-cudos to another close but currently out of reach friend for introducing me to this song. And in looking up a place on the web where I could listen to the song, I discovered Webjay-I don't know all the details, but this appears to be a site where you have access to a bunch of music from other people for FREE: the magic word! I've already added this to my favorites and plan to explore it more fully later....just wanted to spread the joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home