Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Universal

Sam, Tanisha, Emilie, Ashley, and I took the day off and made use of our Universal passes yesterday. We had planned on going after my morning class, but it was cancelled so we left slightly earlier. First stop-other than the bathroom-was the Mummy! Rewind: I should explain that the park was more crowded than we had anticipated. Emilie doesn't ride a lot of the rides, though, so we took advantage of a park provision and cut some lines. Anyways, we made Sam go on Jaws again....and she almost had a heart attack again. We passed on MIB this time, but made it to Back to the Future. Finally, we stopped for a typical expensive mediocre lunch, then left for Islands of Adventure. Took 2 spins on the Hulk and worked our way around the park. The water rides were packed so we kind of put them off until 5ish......not planned and not recommended. I, of course, had the "best" seat on Popeye's Barge Cruise. "Best" is defined here as the seat where the most waves come crashing over you....I use the term loosely. My capris were drenched with no hope of drying and my flip flops no longer had grip anywhere. I was sliding all over the place as we made our way to none other than Dudley Do-Right's log flume. I figured I couldn't possibly get any wetter....I may have been wrong. My shirt eventually dried and the rest of the group was pretty much completely dry by the time the torrential downpour started. Get this visual: 5 girls(2 blondes, 2 brunettes, and a red head) running through Universal Studios in the rain with Universal Studios bags over our heads like ponchos. If only you could have seen.....I'd have to kill you. Needless to say, by the time we made it back to the car, we could have ridden Popeye twice with similar results. Dinner was McDonald's drive-thru since a sit down meal was not an option in our-mainly my-condition. Oh and the highlight of the day: driving through Orlando, I came out of the toll booth and glanced to my right. What do I see? A giant billboard: "vasectomy.com 'It's easier than you think.'" Need I say more?

On a sad and somewhat scary note-my best buddy Tyler was in a biking accident on Monday. His mom called me today to let me know. Apparently he fell down a 20 ft. rocky ravine face first into a ditch full of water. He was unconcious for 30 min. and didn't remember who he was when he came to. He had to have shock therepy, which he has to go to again tomorrow. She said his arm is possibly broken and his eye is swollen shut, which may require surgery. He basically looks like he's been in a bad car accident, and they said if he hadn't been wearing a helmet, he would have died. They've had a scary last couple of days. People, could you please take up safer hobbies? We don't want to lose you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i soooooooooooooo cannot wait to see u this summer! hooray!!!

super hero xoxo

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

you too pal! call me when you're home

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg have i got a few good tales from this week...

cant wait to tell u

;-)

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home