Dance, Dance!
What an awesome day yesterday was! I met at 8 for service and stayed out until 11:30, then headed over to pick up Bree. Her, Sam, and I hung out at my house for about an hour, grabbing some lunch and changing for the concert-October Fall, From First to Last, Hawthorne Heights, All-American Rejects, and Fall Out Boy.....what a line-up! There was an incident at my house with banana cake and the oven, but you only get to hear that story when you know me well enough not to judge me too harshly. Anyways, we were soon joined by my Aunt Maggie, Garrett, and Mike and the happy sixsome was on the road.
Most of the car ride was spent battling burns from the back seat-I seem to be an easy target with these people I call my friends *CoughBreeCoughMikeCoughSamCoughGarrettCoughEVEN AUNTMAGGIECough* I'll admit,
they were pretty good, but they're always funnier when I'm on the other side. Despite the constant defense, it was a good long drive. We were all in an intense battle of the punch buggies. And near the end, it was time to torture the guys with some music from the good ole' days....NSYNC. We had dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse-Mike and I were the only ones who enjoyed our meals. Somehow we all got on the discussion of lead singers- Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, etc. All of a sudden, Sam goes "I really like the lead singer of Bon Jovi." [crickets.....immense laughter] Me: "JON Bon Jovi?" She knew what she meant, but it came out quite amusing. Finally, around 5:30ish we reached our destination and made our way from the parking garage to the line snaking around the building. As we walked in, a guy was handing out Fall Out Boy guitar picks. First stop inside was obviously the restroom, then we headed to our pretty amazing seats. They were in the section to the left of the stage, about 7 rows back. When I bought these tickets, I hadn't realized, however, that the floor had standing room only. This is ideal for a concert if you aren't worried about bruises from crowdsurfers falling on top of you or being sanwiched between sweaty concert goers like yourself.....come to think of it, it doesn't sound too ideal, but ultimately it's a lot more fun to most. The bad thing was we didn't have "floor" tickets so the ushers wouldn't let us down. Mike solved that by simply hopping over while they weren't looking. Bree and I chose a more civil approach......sucking up to security. She managed to get us where we wanted to be; we found Mike and awaited the opening band.October Fall was pretty good. I've never heard them before but I intend to check 'em out. From First to Last, on the other hand........that's a big negative. I can only take so much screaming. The last 3 were great! I wouldn't mind seeing Hawthorne Heights again. This already was my 2nd time seeing the Rejects. I really love FOB, but I'd have to consider going to their concert again. They were good, but they made some off the wall comments. I've got several bruises, as I was pummeled by inebriated crowdsurfers, but it was worth it. Mike actually was one of those, minus the alcoholic reference, and he made it to the front. I couldn't catch any of the free stuff Pete Wentz from FOB was throwing out, but I still have the guitar pick and I found a dollar on the way out so I'm set. I wish I had brought my camera inside, b/c I would have had some awesome pics. But I won't cry over spilled milk.
On a sad note, Bree's grandfather died later that morning after we got back. Time for some consolation........funeral is May 6. Maybe I can do some more baking before then. I better get brainstorming.

2 Comments:
very nice entry jess. very touching very touching. and by the way i only want you to bake if you check the oven first!!!! BBBBBBURRRRNNN!!!!!!i kno i kno i'm a punk whats new?? oh and loving FOB is awesome too cus they hate everyone thats Racist, Sexist and i don't member the last one but it all made sense we he well.......... you kno what i'm talkin bout and if you don't ask Sam cus she thought it was hot cus it was pete !!!!!
good times and laughter with it.
much luv buddy!!!
another good one i must admit...we threw that cake out today lol. I don't think anyone ate anymore but mom still doesn't know. good stuff-the situation, not the cake...
Post a Comment
<< Home