Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Day in Merritt Island

Since I'm auxilary pioneering during the month of April, I made plans with Chelsea and Emma to put in a long day Friday-Chelsea was leaving for Texas Saturday for 17 days, so we had to hang out. My fellow musketeers and I met at Chelsea's a little after 7 and headed to 7Eleven for some breakfast and witnessing. After grabbing some danishes, bagels, and hot chocolate, we went to eat in my car. As we're sitting in my car, a large white van, apparently harboring the Mexican circus pulls up next to us. Chelsea had placed a tract with the cashier, so at this point we moved on to our next destination. We went to Wal-Mart and then to the Winn-Dixie parking lot, where I managed to place 2 magazines. We had to run to Eau Gallie to pick something up from Sevrin that my dad needed, then went on to Merritt Island to meet up with Mike for the rest of the day. The four of us rode in Mike's truck and followed the group out to the territory. We were following two brothers who were following two sisters, who had the territory. The sister who was driving had to get gas.....but I guess she didn't know how to pump it. She was older, but you would think that just means she has more experience in the matter. Anyway, one of the brothers helped her and we started the wild goose chase again. She led us through a development in a big circle and back out before we made it to the right development, in which we were only too thrilled to see "No Soliciting" signs posted with all the speed signs. We didn't get to the first door until 10 if that tells you anything. I worked with Mike and at that first door, the lady behind it was sure to ask us if we had seen said "No Soliciting" signs-he uh said he hadn't. She made it very clear that we were violating some code, but we forged on. Some way down the street, we asked the sister who was in charge of the territory about this issue-she was quick to tell us "Oh they've been telling us that all along. Maybe you could ask the other brother about it, but they've been saying that to us. One time, they called the po-lice[yes she did pronounce it po-lice] but he just came in and drove on by." .......I'm sorry, but I don't care if he handed you some doughnuts and milk on the way through-if someone called the cops, I'm not sure we should be here. And yet, we kept on. There was another nearby development, so we went to that one next. We pretty much did straight walking in the sun from 10-12:30; for those of us walking in heels, that meant pain. Ultimately, we had a good time though and Mike had some decent reception. I think he placed 6 or 8 mags; I placed 2 more. Now, we had planned on staying out until 3ish, but after that morning, we were pretty dead. We headed to Tropical Smoothie Cafe for some lunch, then picked up my car and went back to Mike's to change and hit the beach.

We drove over to the Cocoa Beach Pier, where the annual Surf Festival was taking place. Mike went surfing, while us three girls sunscreened up. I have the cool sunscreen that you spray on, supposedly making it easier. It does, but it also makes it funnier. The can itself says "Do not spray directly on face." Didn't sound too serious, so we went for it.....just take a deep breath and close your eyes, right? Well, if you're Emma, you spray it like you're spraying mase on a homeless man trying to steal your purse-which, for the person getting sprayed(heh me), is quite painful b/c the stuff is concentrated in one place and drips into your eyes. So, that was fun. Emma and Chelsea decided they wanted to go in the water, so we headed down there and hung out. Chelsea and I got into a seaweed fight....she started it. We got out and wandered around the tents that were set up before grabbing our stuff and heading back to Mike's. Here, we rinsed off and changed while Mike made us burgers. Then, we had to go pick up Mike's Dad's Harley. Mike had to drive the bike back, so I got to drive his truck-heck yes! Mike has a very nice toyota tundra with a great system so I had a grand time. I followed him to the mall and we all did a little shopping. The Merritt Square Mall has this store Steve&Barry's, where everything is $7.98....pants, shirts, sweatshirts-it's awesome! And wow, do they have some funny shirts. I bought some nice clearance stuff in PacSun, so that was uplifting as well. Finally, we got back in our vehicles and went back to Mike's. We girls left Mike soon after and went back to Melbourne. We gave Chelsea hugs goodbye and that was the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home