Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chicken Pox

It seems my poor little cousin, Gabriella-only 16 months old-has contracted chickenpox...this despite the fact that she had the vaccine. Guess she makes up that 10% of children who the vaccine is not effective on. To make things even better, I'm apparently the only one in my family who has never had the disease and who was playing with her yesterday. I also have had the vaccine, but that clearly doesn't ease my mind under the circumstances. So basically for the next two weeks, I may or may not be a walking chickenpox incubator...not too thrilled. Hopefully I'm as immune as I seem to be though. And hopefully Ella's case won't be too bad. At least she's getting it over with. I've been told my mother tried to get me to catch it when I was little so I wouldn't be concerned at this age, but my immune system was pretty stubborn. Eh, we'll see what happens now...

3 Comments:

Blogger APS Jimmy!!! said...

I wonder if people will use that as an excuse for not being invited somewhere???...Oh!!! Or maybe you can use that as an excuse for NOT going someplace that you don't want to go... Yeah, at least you can always think positively.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww poor ella :( i hope she can make it this weekend! im so excited!!! SEE YOU THERE SWINGLE

ps. saw BJ and the gang sunday at the rehersal...this is going to be one crazy event.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Good news: turns out Ella's "chickenpox" was actually a reaction to the measles vaccine shot she got a coupla weeks ago so she's lookin better already.

I can't wait for Saturday either! I miss BJ and the gang! And you're gonna look so perdy =) Don't forget to tell Levi to look for us-we'll save em a seat.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home