Where Do I Begin
In more recent distressing news, Tuesday sucked.....ok maybe not the whole day. It started with my first day back at BCC (2 classes starting at 8 AM). Due to people quitting where I work in the last 2 weeks, Sam and I are filling in on Tuesdays now, starting this week. So I headed to work straight after school. Where I work, we regularly have to write checks to people for things they sell to us. Because Sam is not on the account to sign checks, I signed a bunch on Monday afternoon while we were working so she'd have enough for Tues. morning until I got there around 11. So around 2 PM on Tuesday, this rude lady brings in 7 huge bins of stuff to sell to us. I didn't like her to begin with-she had a major attitude problem and was cursing like a sailor...in a children's store nonetheless! It took forever to go through all her junk....key word there....but we still ended up taking a little over $70 worth (not a lot of out SEVEN HUGE bins). I write her the check (which was already signed from Monday) and send her on her not so merry way. About an hour later, I open the check book to write the next check and find that the #'s don't match up. Much to my shagrin, a whole page of 3 checks had been ripped from the book. I later realized that these 3 checks were the last of the pre-signed checks. After a call to the owner and her checking her online account, we discovered they had been stolen and already cashed(by the previously mentioned sailor). By this point, I'm quite sick to my stomach and totally blaming myself for leaving the check book on the front counter (actually a bad habit of all of us that we've quickly learned from). The owner, my aunt, had to come down after calling the banks-I feel so bad for her. I had to call dispatch and get police to the store to take a report. We ended up being at the store until 6:40 pm doing all of this. My bookstudy starts at 7:15 so I just had to rush there without even changing. Then the next day (I wasn't working), the theiving woman had the nerve to come back to the store for 3 bins that she had left b/c she didn't have enough room. She seriously thinks she got away with this thing! The owner couldn't do anything then, but we're waiting. My poor aunt has to go through all this work now, but at least she gets reimbursed. I still feel soooo bad. I'll stop with that, but wow what a pain! People......ergh
On a happy note, we've been having awesome congregation soccer games lately. We're sticking to our cong. b/c we're trying not to let it get too competitive. The young kids play too. Last week, we had so many pple we had to divide into two games. Looks like I'll have to miss this week due to work =( I'll try to get some pics next week tho!
Our C.O. is coming next week so it should be busy-I think this whole semester is going to be crazy actually.....
Ok time for bed.

3 Comments:
WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! haha jk...although i notice there were no pictures from "barbie loses her virginity" and all that nonsense HAHA! so much fun hanging out with you over break. see you soon!! :)
what an awful human being. grosssss
Yes Feb. 25th. I'll be there fur sure.
Post a Comment
<< Home