The Buick Stays
You may or may not be aware of the ongoing debate I've been having-mainly with myself-as to whether it was time to trade in the Buick for something a little more "me", as I described it. I knew the A/C was shot and I'd have to be getting new tires soon, so it was a question of whether or not I wanted to put a sizable amount of money into an older car or just start fresh. For a while, it really looked like the Buick was heading out....however, after careful thought-and a possible trip overseas for which I need to save money-I made the executive decision to just get the work done and stick with ole' bessie....no that's not the car's real name* I believe Audra will be particularly happy with this news; she acted fairly devastated at the thought of losing my car with so many memories. And the more I think about it, the sadder I will be to eventually see it go. The Buick is "me" because it's all I've ever known. Plus, after my Dad used his few connections, it turns out I'll be getting my A/C fixed for a small fraction of what I thought the price would be, so that kind of solidifies in my mind that I made the right choice.*After 4 years and all we've been through, I think it might be time for the Buick to get a name- although "The Buick" is kinda growing on me. In any case, leave suggestions b/c I'm rubbish with creativity and decisions. (The pic is not my actual car, but that's what it looks like-white and all)

2 Comments:
Well, since that car has been around for a long time, I bet that you've had times where it's really come to your rescue. In that case you can call it your angel. And with the car being white, you could call it "White Angel". But that name is kind of bland and too used. So you can flair it up and call it something like...."Haloed Hoop Honkey" and still convey the original meaning of White Angel. Plus, it makes riding in your car sound like an adventure (which I hear is mostly the case anyway) cause you can say something like "Okay everyone let's jump in the Haloed Hoop Honkey and do some return visits!! WOOO HOO!!!". Then, if Haloed Hoop Honkey gets too long to say, you can just use the shortened version of calling it the "Triple H". Which might remind some of the wrestler named triple h, which is good cause it shows how strong your car has been in surving several years being your transportation.....Just a thought.
Hard to beat a comment like that-so much thought put into it and such a great chain of logic. Triple H is most definately in the running. Thanks Jimmy=) If there are more ideas, I may create a poll...otherwise, Triple H may win it.
Post a Comment
<< Home