Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Monday, March 05, 2007

20 Years of Living

So today I turned 20-the months leading up to this event have been somewhat dramatic as my "I can't believe I'm not going to be a teenager anymore" complex built. I think I'm good now though.

I began my day at 8 AM at the Viera Courthouse, reporting for Jury Duty-my little gift from the government. I wouldn't have actually minded the 4 hours in that room catching up on reading and the like if I could have gotten to serve on an interesting case. As it so happens, when we came back from lunch, our group was dismissed b/c the case was resolved. Eh, maybe next time. That led me to the Avenue, where I did some shopping before taking a break by the fountain to read the book I had bought on my lunch break thinking I'd have some more waiting to do at the courthouse. It's called "My Life Among the Serial Killers"-written by a psychiatric profiler....I wish I could have done that. Then I met up with Chris and we went to the World Market-I just love that place. I got a pack of cow tales and Fruit Stripes Gum!

Around 6, we met up with my mom, Hailey, Maggie, Sam, and Emilie for Ladies' Night at the Melting Pot!!
We had so much fun! First, our waiter Javier-who we affectionately nicknamed Hot Hobenaro-made us our cheese fondue. We dipped bread, apple slices, and vegetables. When we finished that, he brought us ceaser salad. Next was the main course....to die for! We each got a plate of raw terryaki steak, chicken, shrimp, another type of steak(not beef), and a gorgonzola filled ravioli which we then had to place in the boiling broth for a couple minutes to cook ourselves. Then we had all kinds of sauces to dip the meats in. I especially bonded with the terryaki sauce that Hailey accidentally wiped all over the arm of my white shirt...thankfully we had Tide to Go. Finally, Javier brought dessert...

I think he liked our table so we got 2 different types of chocolate-pure milk and pure dark. He brought out these plates with brownies, pound cake, strawberries, cheesecake, pineapple.....yum! And of course, Sam only eats the brownies so he brought us extra.















These are memories right here. If you're a lady, I highly recommend this event. If you're a man....poor you. We also got free exfoliating hand scrubs and manicures, as well as another hand thing where you dip your hands in wax....I don't know what it does, but it feels really cool. And Sam won a door prize! Anyways here's some more pics...

10 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

So after you reported to JURY DUTY.. you went and had a BIRTHDAY PARTY at the Melting Pot?

Howbout TEAM PAGAN??!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

THAT is what you got out of that whole post?! lol
1.You were online with me when I researched jury duty-I believe the Watchtower consensus was that it was a conscience matter unless it dealt with a subject such as divorce or the death penalty.
2.Ladies' Night is the first Monday of every month and my birthday so happened to fall on the 1st Monday in March. It's not like they gave me a free twinkie and sang me a song.
...that being said, I don't think TP is the right team for me. Thanks anyway Nick

6:43 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

hmm...i wonder if my BIRTH DAY will fall on the first monday of june...then we can go to the melting pot and have a 'LADIES NIGHT OUT' right? innocent? riiight????
riiiiight.
TP.
but not like TP like me and audra.
oh no.
i dont know if you can be in TP and TG jess. you gotta pick. choose wisely...

although, i must say, that if your gonna have to cook your own food anyway, you mind as well stay home in your PJs and watch some colin firth.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

a.I am not in TP b/c it wasn't a birthday party! We tried to go in February but they sold out too quickly.
b.Audra is in TP and TO. You are in TP and TG.Why couldn't I be in two?
c.Nick isn't letting me in TG anyway and I've accepted it, so whateva.He put me in TE(Team Emo)...all by myself the way an emo kid should be. (I wasn't so emo before but the complex ya'll are giving me about teams and birthdays is making me more emo by the comment.)Where's Jimmy when ya need 'em to help me out like he did w/ my blonde moment...er act of God?

7:21 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

oh you can be in two. just not team PAGAN and team GIFTED. gifted kids are NOT pagan. and i told you, i said you can be in TG. :)
if it makes nick feel better...we will call it, TGGP (Team Gifted Girl Power, aka, TG with out boys)

7:45 AM  
Blogger APS Jimmy!!! said...

Oh sorry, I came in late....

Happy Birthday!!!

FYI for next year, Crazy Buffet let's you eat free on your birthday when you have at least one other person with you that is paying. (But don't worry, you can ask them to not sing you a song or give you any other 'gifts' that they may have.)

Okay, well hope that helped. And I'll see you in hel...lo Dolly the musical. Hahaha.

I wouldn't do too much about it. Even if you went out the day before or after your birthday, people would STILL say that you were celebrating your birthday....So whatever, might as well get the free meal!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Wait you put yourself in Team Emo... I had nothing to do with that.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Audra said...

jessica, i think it's great that you went out for your birthday. it's funny that you should mention it because i went out for my half birthday to the cheesecake factory with someone else who shall remain nameless because he has issues with birthdays...rock on!! LOL

20 is the new 21.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

*GASP*

you did what audra!!! im shocked! absolutly falbberghasted. and to think that this someone condonded such and action. im just so taken aback...good thing im sitting down.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Legally Blonde...LOL YOURE BLONDE AND A PARALEGAL I GET IT!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home