Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Drawing a Blank

My Weekend:....and then some

Friday: Group Watchtower study at my house with Sam, Emilie, Tanisha, Ernie, and Chelsea
Saturday: Service, Boating with my parents and Karen, Moonlight Stroll
Boating was great-perfect day! I thought I got some sun, but Alex told me I needed a tan yesterday so apparently not. The Moonlight Stroll at Erna Nixon Park was pretty cool. Not much to it-we walked around the Boardwalk in the dark 3 times...I figured for a "Moonlight" Stroll, they'd plan it around the full moon....not so much. It was definately like 1/4 moon and there was no lighting on the walk except where the acoustic performers were, so it was pretty dark. The telescopes were awesome though; you could see the rings on Saturn and the moons around it, plus the craters in the moon! Newlyweds, Heather and Isaac, showed up too for a pleasant surprise. I'd consider going again...
Sunday: Rockledge Kingdom Hall and Volleyball
I picked up Quailynn for the meeting in Rockledge and met up with Zach, Chase, and Chance at the Hall. Afterwards, we went to Moe's for a bite to eat. I took Quay home and played some pool with her before heading over to the guys' place where Zach and Chance were sealing/enhancing their marble floor. We all headed over to the Community Center for some rousing Witness Volleyball....some kinda turn out! We had 2 packed courts of pple playing...which unfortunately didn't hide how much I sucked. With a lot of help from my team, I managed to improve. Clay gave me some lessons and Chance added some pointers. Chase and the team, especially the girls gave me support. By the end, my serves were pretty good and my hitting was getting there. Hopefully, I'll be better next time.
Monday: work
Today: Service
Chris is a particularly jumpy person. It seems like every door we take together lately, she jumps at something. Today was no exception. We're walking up to this house and all of a sudden she stops really short and gasps and puts her arm in front of me, which-in a chain reaction-makes me jump back and say "What?!" Wait for it....the people had a planter off to the side of the door in the garden shaped like an alligator and she thought it was real. So if that wasn't bad enough, we stopped in front of a house a few minutes later and Chris was just going to jump out b/c it was the only one there. Mom made some comment about seeing what happens to her this time before she got out. I'm all the way in the back seat and just after she closes her door, I see 3 miniature collies barking and bounding their way over to her from the yard on the other side of the street. My "WATCH OUT CHRIS! CHRIS! CHRIS!" fell on deaf ears....actually there were 3 other pple in the van, but they thought I was kidding! Forunately, they were harmless and Chris managed to get back in the van laughing and just a little shook up. Never a dull moment...
Friendly reminder: Always check Do Not Calls in your territory before you start working every street or you're likely to forget and do one anyway then try to write it down as a DNC yourself when they're really mean and realize it's already on the list....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home