Legally Blonde

"My thoughts belong in a book in a store, where they're silenty read, but spoken no more."

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just Don't Call Me "Grace"

As a girl, my closet is pretty packed with shoes. Unfortunately, however, most of them do not qualify as service shoes; aka: they either aren't dressy or aren't comfortable enough for walking all day. I realize this is my fault, but it is hard to find cute comfortable shoes! Anyways, I have a pair of tan wedges that are actually quite comfy, but they're a good 3-4 inches high, which tends to make walking slightly tricky. Practically every time I break down and wear them, I stumble; nothing major, just a little off balance. They're my only comfortable shoes in the brown family, though, so I always go back...today, however, was on a whole new level. Emilie and I had just finished the last house on the street we were doing. As we started walking back to the car, I must have stepped on something and I could feel myself lose balance. I grabbed her shoulder, but that just seemed to send me forward. I ended up just going down all the way and kinda rolling over...my skirt was flying and I was so glad no one had come to the door of that house. I was also glad Billy and Cody were around the corner. I just sat there for like 10 seconds laughing at myself...I almost wish I had it on tape 'cus I know it looked hilarious. I skinned up my knee and elbow, and my shoe looks somewhat messed up, but other than that, I only cried because I was laughing so hard...what a day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Why oh why do you insist on giving me so much material!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hey, lack of balance has nothing to do with IQ...other than that argument...the story was just too funny not to tell.

6:25 PM  
Blogger APS Jimmy!!! said...

Because she is so smart.......her brain causes her head to be slightly larger than most humans with average intellect. Although this gives her superior IQ it unfortunately has the adverse consequence of causing the head to lean and tip over to one side, thus making falls and loss of balance a common occurance. This my friends, is what we in the medical field call craniomaximal-bobbleheadicus.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL jess...that reminds me of the time i accidentally slammed my leg in the door somehow..just keeps life interesting LOL

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

hey, it could have been worse. you could have triped, for no reason, in front of the kingdom hall like i did. it must be a gifted thing (or a blonde thing, which ever)....and i like jimmys exsuse. im soo smart that my head is soo big that makes me off balance!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Well that's Jimmy's excuse for me not you lol but if it is a blonde thing, then I guess it applies to both of us. Otherwise, if it was a gifted thing, Nick would have it....oh wait I think he does have a big head never mind. hehe

3:26 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I do have a large head but it doesn't affect my balance.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home